August 01, 2009

New Project


New Project
Originally uploaded by hobbyzu
Another project I've been procrastinating on is an afghan for Keivy.
He is 5 now, and I think he's waited long enough. It took ages for him
to choose a color, and even longer to choose a pattern.
Then Gemaine my pubescent preteen decided he wants a new one too. His
old blankie is a bit used and juvenile. With him choosing his colors
and pattern, that made Keivy change his mind several times. Several!!!!
I gave up on Keivy and started Gemaines blanket first. I'm loving how
it looks so far.
Keiv finally decided on a few shades of blue and red. I'll start it
tomorrow, I'm curious to see how it'll look!
This is exciting! There will soon be another item crossed off my
procrastination list! :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do love those colors! What pattern is this?

Zu said...

Thank you! :-)
I just realized the stripes next to the white in the center look kinda blue on screen. Supposed to be green!
It's the zen spiral afghan on the lion brand website.

loopykd said...

Those colors look great together and I love the pattern as well. It's hard to imagine a preteen boy picked out such a good combination! I really love the green.

Zu said...

I know! I was pretty shocked as well. lol

Valerie said...

this pattern is amazing ! i want to try it ( a littler later when i have crossed a couple of things off my crochet list !) for a rug...

Zu said...

Exactly what I was thinking. It's perfect for a rug! Oh well, my boys will have a rug-like afghan. :-)