February 08, 2009

Quick Update

I frogged the blanket! *sob, sob*.
I just had to do it, I would have been working on it forever! The good news is, I think I know what I want to do with the patons caressa expressa yarn! - Lion Brands Granny Treasure Afghan. (I hope this link works without people having to sign in.) ;-)

The afghan is quick to crochet and that's exactly what I want. I have a lot of other things I need to get done. Since I have several skeins of this yarn, I'm hoping to do two of these giant granny afghans, and use them as couch throws. Whaddya think?

I also want to make a blanket for my new Goddaughter. She's just a few weeks old, so I have a little time to get it done. I was thinking of using Beth's Little Star Afghan pattern. I've used it a few times before and it was really fun to crochet. It also works up pretty quickly.

I've finished designing a new hat pattern this week. Nothing fancy, but just something that's been on my to-do list for ages. I've been testing the pattern and been churning out hats for the past few days. I'll post some photos after I finish gifting the hats. Can't spoil the surprise!

I am sooo tired! Was out with my sweetie-pie last night and didn't get to sleep when I got home. Straight to mothering and cleaning and the like. Life goes on. ;-)
I've been asked questions about him so I'll give up a little info. ;-)
He's from Gambia, he's 3 yrs. older than me, he has no kids(my kids love him), hardworking, helpful and a very gentle and kind person. Totally different from anyone I've ever been out with, and that's a darned good thing! :-) I've known him since last summer, but we didn't go out until December. I ain't lettin' this guy go, and he seems to want to keep me too! :-) Funny how I traveled all the way from Bermuda, and he came from Africa, just for us to meet here in Scotland. lol
Now, before I get into the land of TMI, I'll leave it at that. ;-)

Good night all!! Oh wait, it's 1:30am. Good morning then! lol

4 comments:

loopykd said...

Thanks for the sweetie pie update. If you are happy and he treats you well, that's all that matters, right? Sweet dreams!

Jómy said...

I can't wait to see that blanket! I bet it's gonna be awesome, Miss Godmother. ;)

Yes! Scotland will be the new sweetheart location!

Yarndancer said...

Your new guy sounds great! I hope you two are very happy together! <3

Zu said...

Yes, you are sooo right loopy. ;-)

Being a Godmother is so cool! lol
Well that means you need to pop on over here to find your sweetheart Jomy. hee-hee

Thank you yarndancer.:-)