February 15, 2009

Naked Knitting Calendar

I promised my buddy Jan that I'd mention the Naked Knitting Calendar on my blog a while back. Being as forgetful as I am; I forgot. Oops, sorry! But then I remembered today! :-) So, here's what it all about.

First of all here's the blog link in case you missed it the first time. - Naked Knitting Calendar 2010
Basically this is a group of lovely and kind hearted ladies who love to knit. They all decided one day to raise money for a cancer charity. A great friend of theirs who recently passed away from breast cancer was one of the reasons for doing this. *God rest her soul, and my sincere condolences to her family and friends*

Now, loving the notion of extreme knitting, they figured what's more extreme than doing it naked?! And then taking a picture! And then putting it in a calendar! And then selling it! *gasp*
How brave are they!? Not I! I don't think I could do anything like that. It is for a great cause though.

The ladies are looking to publish this calendar in September, so you all still have plenty of time to save up your pennies and get yourself a calendar. ;-) By all means, keep an eye on their blog so you can see what they're up to. You might even want to join in! ;-)
Post a Comment