February 15, 2009

Naked Knitting Calendar

I promised my buddy Jan that I'd mention the Naked Knitting Calendar on my blog a while back. Being as forgetful as I am; I forgot. Oops, sorry! But then I remembered today! :-) So, here's what it all about.

First of all here's the blog link in case you missed it the first time. - Naked Knitting Calendar 2010
Basically this is a group of lovely and kind hearted ladies who love to knit. They all decided one day to raise money for a cancer charity. A great friend of theirs who recently passed away from breast cancer was one of the reasons for doing this. *God rest her soul, and my sincere condolences to her family and friends*

Now, loving the notion of extreme knitting, they figured what's more extreme than doing it naked?! And then taking a picture! And then putting it in a calendar! And then selling it! *gasp*
How brave are they!? Not I! I don't think I could do anything like that. It is for a great cause though.

The ladies are looking to publish this calendar in September, so you all still have plenty of time to save up your pennies and get yourself a calendar. ;-) By all means, keep an eye on their blog so you can see what they're up to. You might even want to join in! ;-)

4 comments:

stormina_teacup said...

Hi Zuleika, thanks so much for mentioning our latest project. If you change your mind about stripping off let us know ;) Lx

Zu said...

No prob, happy to do it. -)
Ummmm, yeah, I'll have to get back to you on that one. I'll mull it over. lol

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Thanks for mentioning the Calendar and for the lovely words that you have written about Sarah.

Zu said...

No problem at all Jan. ;-)