August 29, 2013

Its picture day!

First I'll start off with this handy map that shows you where I'm from. I found this online recently and it'll come in handy when I'm next asked where Bermuda is. Surprises me how many people have never heard of it, and if they have they think I live in the Bermuda Triangle! *sigh*

I found a large container of buttons of all colours under my bed. Not quite sure how they got there or when I even bought them. Anyway, I had to make an orange jar cozy for some of the new buttons. :-)

I've become a big fan of all things natural over the years and have fallen in love with coconut oil! It's amazing for hair, skin and nails, and also cooking. I love smelling like a coconut! :-) I got this jar off of eBay, like most things I buy online. A...lot...of...things.

My sons blanket is getting bigger! I ran out of yarn though and haven't added to it in a couple of days. I went shopping this morning, so I'll be doing some more work on it tonight! :-

Here's my 16 yr old who I'm making the blanket for. He thinks I'm crazy. Can you tell? hehehe
I felt an urge to crochet some earrings yesterday and made up a few pairs. I'm loving them, but need to decide on a process that'll stiffen them up a bit. Especially for the loop earrings because the stitches will be twirling all over the place while they're being worn.

I have an awful nail biting habit, and after 36 years on this planet, I need to sort it out. I don't even realise I'm doing it, it's just something I do while concentrating, thinking and/or possibly being stressed. So I decided to purchase some glue on nails. Maybe having these will stop me from biting! I feel like I've gone back in time to when these first came out. Hehe Hopefully they're better quality then they used to be. I remember trying them as a child, they didn't last long. I'm not really the girly type. ;-) If I can get my fingers looking decent, I can do some crochet tutorials without having to hide my finger nails! *ragged fingers crossed!*

Now wish me luck, I haven't done anything to my nails in....ummm....hmmm....I don't actually know. Wow, I need to take better care of myself.

TTFN!!

 

4 comments:

Sollfire said...

Perfect entry to enjoy on a cloudy NY day! Neighbors just got back from an awesome week in your Bermuda. Nice to meet your 16-yr-old. Cute, coordinated cozies. Blanket will be amazing. Nails are okay, but try treating your real ones with Nailtiques, available online. Have been converted to coconut oil for quite some time. You might like this recipe, 'cause I know you love to bake:
http://nickicarm.blogspot.com/2013/05/5-minute-oozy-fruity-banana-muffins.html

Cheers!!

Sollfire said...

Oops... almost forgot... stiffen those earrings with some clear-drying Elmer's glue. It worked on a too-floppy crocheted basket, for me. LOVE the earrings! They are so you - Zu!

Unknown said...

Oh really?! It's a small world. hehe Hope they enjoyed it.
Well I plan on taking care of my natural nails, just wanna cover them up for a few weeks to give them a chance to grow a bit. Then I may go to nail salon regularly to make myself more focused on caring for them. If it costs me money, I'd be less likely to eat them. Hehe
I've put a few Nailtiques products on my watch list. There's just so much to choose from!

Thanks I'll go check out the recipe, it sounds good. I'm a big banana lover. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh great, I'll go buy some immediately! Thank you! Everyone must think so cause I've been getting all sorts of compliments. :-)