September 23, 2012

GingerSnap Cookies

Sunday is always my baking day, and today I decided to make some Gingersnaps. Haven't made them in a while!
I've been making these since I was a teen, so we're old friends. hehe







Good Ol' Gingersnaps

Servings 4 dozen
prep: 10 min / cook: 10 min / total: 20 min

Ingredients

2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon clove
1 teaspoon ginger (more if desired, I use 2 tsp.)

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine

1 egg
1/4 cup molasses

extra sugar, for rolling

Directions


1. Sift first six ingredients together.
2. Cream sugar and shortening; add egg and molasses.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Form walnut-sized balls and roll in a little sugar.
5. (can refrigerate if a little sticky, or use a bit of flour).
6. Place on greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: