February 15, 2013

What have you given up for Lent?

I was asked what I was giving up for Lent by my mother on Tuesday. A bit late, but better last than never. I had actually forgotten about it. *hangs head in shame*

So I figured I'd give up something I really love...white sugar. *gasp* I'm probably going to go through withdrawal like a drug addict, but hopefully the sugar substitutes I purchased will make me feel better.
Honey, Agave Nectar and Maple Syrup are my new best friends! :-) Probably shouldn't be, but OH WELL! hehe

Oh! Here's a link to the meaning of Lent in case you're stumped or have forgotten. -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/holydays/lent_1.shtml

TTFN!!

2 comments:

Sollfire said...

No worries for your Mom... she raised a great girl! Love this entry, Zu... and the fantastic link, where I learned even more about Lent. My Catholic half does not "give up", anymore. I cheated too much. Instead, I try to increase acts of kindness. Sometimes, I'm successful... but for you...

Good Luck with those sweet substitutions!

Zu said...

Aww thanks hun! :-)
lol I'm sure you're more successful than just "sometimes" hehe
Thanks, I'm doing great so far, very proud of myself!