February 19, 2013

Brown Sugar Muffins


Since giving up white sugar I started searching the internet for Brown Sugar Muffins. I decide to severely alter a recipe I found, and came up with this one. :-)



Yields 1 dozen muffins 

  • 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Sift together the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
  • Combine the egg, oil, vanilla extract  and milk.
  • Stir into the dry ingredients just enough to moisten.
  • Fill greased muffin tins or use muffin tin liners.
  • Bake 20 minutes.
  • These muffins are not too sweet, nice and light and made me wish I had dumped some chopped apples into the batter. Maybe next time.  They're apparently 173 calories per muffin, so keep that in mind when you realize you cant just eat one like I did. (didn't)  ;-)

1 comment:

Bermy Chic said...

Where's mine?! Also, does this mean you'll be making brown sugar cookies soon? Sending me some?:-0

Valeka

x