January 23, 2010

Onenote vs. Evernote

So I usually use evernote for note taking, but it's still missing something. I love how it captures everything online and everywhere else, but hate the editing tools. I would really prefer something closer to a word document, which allows all sorts of fonts etc.

Then I found onenote, and think I'm in love. It's not as good in some areas as evernote, but I've found it's a lot more useful to me when it comes to writing my crochet patterns. I can do it all in onenote, as well as saving to pdf format. With evernote, I have to create the pattern in word or open document, then paste it into evernote.

Also, even though the evernote iphone app is really cool, it's so slow and annoys me to no end! I open the mobilenoter app on my iphone and am able to access my notes in 3-5 seconds flat. With evernote, it's 6 seconds to get to my notes, and then another 3-5 to get to a specific note, depending on where it is. I know it doesnt seem like much time, but I'm impatient and hate waiting. If something else is even marginally quicker, it's automatically better. :-) Evernote has gotten a lot faster with their recent updates, which they have pretty often, but I still like onenote. :-)

They both have their pros and cons, but I find onenote a lot easier to use. It's clear, straight forward, yet rich with features. Evernote can be a bit overwhelming at times, especially if you have a lot of notes.

I've just realized I can write my blog posts using onenote, which is why I'm writing this post. I'm testing it of course! :-)

If this works, then I will be writing another post very soon. I've been pretty busy when it comes to my crochet, so I have lots of photos to share. :-)

Later!! ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the review. Nice comparison!

Jodi said...

I'm a bit late to this posting. I found you through a Google search in trying to search for comparison reviews of Onenote and Evernote. I think I've read more than 50 reviews just tonight, but yours was the most thorough, honest and straight forward. Thank you!

I played around a little with Evernote today and though I see its value, as you pointed out, I think it's lacking a few features. Onenote seems to be more an actual notebook, whereas Evernote reminds me more of a very long sheet of paper. :)

Off to install Onenote now. Thanks again!

Zu said...

Glad to have helped Jodi.
I'm still a onenote fan just as much as before. :-)

Alex said...

This complicated trouble decides owing to onenote data recovery. It owns all necessary features allowing to work under any software configurations and all major versions of Windows OS. It uses modern methods of recovering onenote data with modern and clear interface.